At The Climbing Hub we are committed to ensuring the safety of our staff and our customers.
To do so we have put in place the following measures and recommendations based on most recent Government and scientific advice https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus.
- A thorough Risk Assessment has been carried out and all our staff have been trained accordingly.
- We have designed procedures to ensure best practices are maintained for social distancing, hand washing/sanitizing, use of masks
- We have put in place the following measures to support a COVID-19 safe environment:
- One way system
- Spacing of tables
- Hand-washing station in climbing hall
- Sanitiser available
- Signage reminding everyone to maintain social distance and keep masks on unless climbing
- Our staff are working hard to keep the whole Centre clean and we have a cleaning schedule operating throughout the day
We are fortunate to have a very spacious climbing hall as well as rest areas making social distancing relatively straightforward. Our site’s maximum occupancy enable social distancing as per ABC guidance is 200. We will track checking in and out to ensure we don’t go over capacity and we have a live ‘counter’ on our website which gives everyone an accurate indication of how busy we are – helping you to make the choice of when is best to come climbing.
A few other things to keep in mind:
- Face masks will be mandatory within the building. ONLY when you are climbing or eating and drinking you will be allowed to take them off.
- We have some nicely spaced seating in the Climbing Hall which also offers a great view of the climbing!
- We sell 2 Ply washable masks at reception.
While we are in the first few weeks of opening everyone coming through the doors will have to be inducted, we may have some queues forming. We will do our best to have plenty of staff available to minimise waits, but we ask for your patience and also, whenever possible, register to climb prior to arrival. Thank you!!
We have lots of kit available to rent but some (belay devices and harnesses) will only be available to rent if pre-booked. This is because they need to be quarantined for 3 days after use.
All customers please read and accept the following:
Regardless all the great effort we have put in, there will be always a risk that someone can get infected. Our customers should make their own decisions based on their specific circumstances.
Please do not visit the Centre if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.